Hot Stone is a kind of massage where the therapist works with hot stones that are heated up in water to a temperature of 60 degrees Celsius, and with high quality oils. The volcanic basalt stones are heated in water and it is astonishing how long they keep the temperature. The typical Hot Stone stones are oval, smooth and shiny. They are available in different sizes so they can be positioned perfectly to all body areas. The Hot Stones are applied before the massage and they release sufficient heat to loosen even deep areas and therefore contribute to relaxation.
One side effect of the heat is the stimulation of blood circulation which causes an increase of oxygen supply to the cells and aids the removal of waste products during the massage. The rest of the body is rubbed with almond oil and the stones are removed one by one from the meridians using circulating and stroking movements. The relating organs are responding to the stimulation of the meridians and in combination with the stimulation of other organs and systems the whole organism can be stabilized and vitalized effectively. Hot Stone massage is a relaxation massages and not a Deep Tissue massage.
Mechanism of action of Hot Stone Massage
- Deep relaxation
- Reduction of stress and nervousness
- Relief of tensions
- Improvement of the mobility of the complete musculoskeletal system
- Strengthens tissues and vessels via temperature impulses
- Stimulation of metabolism and removal of waste products
- Prevention of colds
- Supports digestion and detoxification
- Resolves energy blockages in the meridians
- Effective against insomnia, gynecological and circulation problems
Please download this Questionnaire, fill it out and bring it to our first appointment.